View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 11:37 PM   #10
Sat Pat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2025 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
Thanks man! I will Ceramic coat it in the next few weeks. Asked the dealer not to even touch it/detail it to avoid any microscratch from their detailers lol just washed it myself when I took it home. Regarding ppf, I have done so much research back when I got my Cayenne and the ROI is not there. Ceramic would be great to get it shine better and make it easier to wash. I also plan to tint the front windows.

I turned on AC on a day that was around 75 degrees out and it was fine. Make sure you move the sliders in settings all the way to the left on driver and passenger climate settings as it make a big difference but regardless, the design of center vents are so so bad on the LCI that there is no way you can adjust it high enough to get enough air blowing to your head.

Regarding wind noise, I drove it on highway for around 100 miles but it was raining a lot which may be why I didn't notice any unusual road/wind noise. I am not a fan of BMW mirror design in general as most of the time they cause wind noise being mounted on the window and not the body. Even my 760 had some wind noise that the dealer said "it is normal". Let me know what the dealer tells you about this when you take it in.

What brand are your tires? In general, I hate runflats and usually replace them with non-RFs but this time I am trying to convince myself to drive the OEM Bridgestones as long as possible and then waste $ lol
So quick update, I went for a drive with the service technician today. Unsurprisingly, he said that both the wind noise and the tire noise are normal. I guess I’ll just have to adjust my expectations accordingly or will get used to it over time. I’m mildly disappointed as I was expecting a quieter ride with the acoustic glass and all. He did say that because the car is otherwise so quiet, there is nothing to mask the road and wind noise, which is a fair explanation.

Agree with you on PPF. I’m also getting ceramic and tints all around next week.

My AC sliders are all the way to the left. It’s annoying that I have to fiddle with these deeply buried settings despite climate being in Auto mode. But otherwise, I’m loving the crisp display and all the high tech features.

It’s interesting that you have Bridgestones. Mine came with Conti Cross Contacts. I wonder if it’s random or if BMW thinks Bridgestones are better for towing as, except for your tow hitch, our cars have all the same packages and should be mechanically identical.
Appreciate 1
mattsrs657.50