12-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #97
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit1 View Post
I'm with @Adem1534 on this one, M2. They wouldn't produce a mule with such polish and body panel fitments for something so completely different like Toyota/Z-car/Mini.

- Further differentiates the M2 from the M235i, and additionally the M2 from the M4.
- explains delayed release of M2 over standard 2-series.
- Shorter/lower/lighter could provide the physics to achieve all that we've been looking to improve on the standard 2-series platform

Has anyone compared the wheel base of this to the previous M2 test mules? That's the only piece that doesn't add up. Why they would have spent so much time testing on a different wheelbase.

Yes...this is SO MUCH MORE ATTRACTIVE than the M235i. Current model just looks like a smaller 4-series...this is the aggressive bulldog it should have been.
Thank you.

To me, it's clear as day, and I understand what others are saying, but to put it bluntly I think they're completely wrong.

A company does not re-design a car's roofline like that for nothing.

IT IS NOT A COINCIDENCE that the lower roofline is being tested with 4 (YES, FOUR) separate design choices that everyone was speculating about the M2.

Carbon Fiber roof.
Double Bubble roof.
Recaro Sport seats.
Carbon Fiber hood.

And now we see a suspicious M235i testing with these things equipped, and everyone is screaming Toyota/BMW sports car! Ridiculous.

From an engineers perspective. That car, with that well exectuted roof line, is NOT a test mule for a different car. Everything flows specifically with the 2 series body.

This is for the M2. Carbon fiber parts all over a suspicious 2 series and here we are, listening to people yell about how it's not an M2 because of the lowered roof line.

Ugh. Enough ranting for the day.
Appreciate 0