09-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #90
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by torzeck View Post
Wow. What is going on at BMW? I thought the new X3 was a little off but then the 8 series seemed pretty nice (albeit old technology). This thing looks like a bad rendering come to life.

Beyond the design and it's just my opinion, but the X7 is a stupid segment to be in. Its a big gaudy people mover.

They should make something that has multiple seats or cargo capacity but is as small as possible (like a Model X- not perfect but a great configuration)

Next, when you consider the price this thing will go for, wouldn't you rather have a Tesla Model X?

BMW needs to get back on on the electric horse they rode well to start.

TESLA is going to eat them.
Absolutely incorrect. The Model X, by all reports, has been a sales disappointment for Tesla. When people buy an SUV they want space, cargo capacity, towing, and most importantly range since SUVs are often used for road trips. The Model X is sub-par in all those areas and is extraordinarily overpriced relative to competitors which is why it doesn't sell.

I don't like the design or even the idea of the X7 either, but it will be the one eating the overpriced and mediocre Model X for lunch. As much as it blows, BMW finally needs a true 7-seater SUV to compete with the likes of the GLS, Q7, Range Rover, Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade, and QX which are all hot sellers to upper middle class/wealthy white people.
Appreciate 1
kozzi927.00