View Single Post
      02-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #41
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Damn! that's a pretty low calorie deficit. I almost feel like your actually doing more harm than good because of the very low calorie deficit. like someone mentioned here I would up that calorie intake from 300-400 calories at least. your body needs that to get through the day than going to the gym 5 days a week including cardio which consist of 4-4.5 miles. are you taking any supplements? how do your workouts feel cause if I don't eat my workouts suck balls! 5'9 155lbs? from a physical point of view are you tone, muscular? I'm 5'5 165lbs semi built and I still feel like I need maybe 20lbs of more muscle and than I think i'm koscher!

Mid 40's yo!
The reason for such a low calorie deficiency is due to my job. I work 10 hour days and most of it is sitting behind a computer. I do get the opportunity to be a little more active during the day in warmer months when the projects I plan during the winter start. I based my caloric intake off 2200 calories/day to stay the same size and factored my actual daily physical activities during the 10 hour work day. If I were in a more physically demanding position I would definitely up my caloric intake.

I wouldn't consider what I take as supplements but I have replaced my morning coffee with some pre-workout as it's less calories WAY more caffeine. I eat around 250-300 calories for breakfast, usually eggs with green peppers and spinach or steel cut oats and protein shake along with the pre. For lunch it's usually some form of grilled chicken, veggies and some form of a good carb. Right before the gym I'll eat a protein around 200 calories around 5:00, then some pre then the gym.

As for my workouts, due to the pre, when I get to the gym I'm ready to run in circles and set the floor on fire! I go hard and fast on weights and then make the elliptical my bitch.

I've only been going to the gym for almost 4 months now, but I can definitely see a change in my physique. I looked like a pear when I started and have the V shape now, broader shoulders, larger biceps, tri's, lats, etc. so I would say tone but not ripped.....yet.

I did get on the scale this morning after going hard at the gym last night. I'm down to 158 and dropped 1.5% body fat. I'm going to keep going at the pace that I am until I'm where I want to be.
Appreciate 1