View Single Post
      03-19-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
splitsensetam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Having bought the X7 in carbon black -- probably the most difficult paint to keep swirl free and looking good, though when it looks good, it's amazing -- I'm wondering what can be done to protect my paint. I went to a brushless hand wash the other night, and already spotted a couple swirls in my paint when looking at certain angles.

I started reading that ceramic is all the rage now and wax is on the way out. I ended up after a little web research picking up this Avalon King ceramic coating DIY kit:

https://avalonking.com/

I liked the idea that one application supposedly lasts 3-5 years, and it'll have your car shining and looking better than wax or anything else.

What are thoughts on these ceramic coatings? As good as advertised? Anyone have any other techniques for keeping the carbon black and other dark paint jobs looking their best? (Note: as a younger man, I washed and polished my cars myself; these days, a busy job and young family don't afford me the time for that kind of thing anymore... so, hopefully some options that are not overly timing consuming!)

Thanks!
Hi, I see you're out in LI, when I purchased my 17 X5 brand new, I got it ceramic coated once it left the dealership. Best investment ever!

its been 3 years and my car looks better than new. Its only hand washed and never went through a auto wash though. the coating is holding up great with annual maint.

My buddy is a detailer located in Huntington and certified with different Coating brands, Precision Auto Detail. They have a lot of experience and popular with the Porsche and Ferrari community. Let me know if you're interested and i'll PM you his number, mention my name and they will take care of you. Patrick T
Appreciate 0