03-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #8
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsensetam View Post
Hi, I see you're out in LI, when I purchased my 17 X5 brand new, I got it ceramic coated once it left the dealership. Best investment ever!

its been 3 years and my car looks better than new. Its only hand washed and never went through a auto wash though. the coating is holding up great with annual maint.

My buddy is a detailer located in Huntington and certified with different Coating brands, Precision Auto Detail. They have a lot of experience and popular with the Porsche and Ferrari community. Let me know if you're interested and i'll PM you his number, mention my name and they will take care of you. Patrick T
Patrick, please do PM me his number.

I spoke to a local guy today who told me that the ceramic won’t prevent swirls and the like. Seemed strange to me. He quoted about $2k-$2500 for the ceramic coating, and upwards of $5k for a clear film on the whole car (which he said is self healing in the sun, and will prevent swirls etc.).

That feels like a steep investment, but if it keeps my car looking new 5 years from now, I dunno, maybe it’s worth it after all. Has anyone done a full car film (not just the bra), and any thoughts on that?
Appreciate 0