View Single Post
      03-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #13
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisX7 View Post
Having bought the X7 in carbon black -- probably the most difficult paint to keep swirl free and looking good, though when it looks good, it's amazing -- I'm wondering what can be done to protect my paint. I went to a brushless hand wash the other night, and already spotted a couple swirls in my paint when looking at certain angles.

I started reading that ceramic is all the rage now and wax is on the way out. I ended up after a little web research picking up this Avalon King ceramic coating DIY kit:

https://avalonking.com/

I liked the idea that one application supposedly lasts 3-5 years, and it'll have your car shining and looking better than wax or anything else.

What are thoughts on these ceramic coatings? As good as advertised? Anyone have any other techniques for keeping the carbon black and other dark paint jobs looking their best? (Note: as a younger man, I washed and polished my cars myself; these days, a busy job and young family don't afford me the time for that kind of thing anymore... so, hopefully some options that are not overly timing consuming!)

Thanks!
My friend owns a shop in Southern Westchester, that has one of the few licenses in the state for applying the top ceramic coating. I can't fully recall, but I think it's an Xpel product. Regardless, if you want max protection, you do full ceramic and then wrap the car. If interested, PM me and i'll give you contact.
Appreciate 0