United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
So I have a few research questions as I continue to look into the X7 as my next SUV...

1) Can someone explain what this terminology means in the pricing guide:

XXX will delete STD or 100% equipment YYY

(where XXX and YYY are different option codes)

I am looking through the pricing guide, pricing different combinations, etc. There are some option combinations that are not allowed for different models - for the most part I can figure that out reading this document. However, the above terminology is noted throughout the document and has me a bit confused since "STD" is not a specific option code as far as I can tell, it is merely an abbreviation for the word "Standard" and pertains to standard options that are available on different trims. Not sure what I am missing here ......

2) Has anybody found a decent online source that will provide invoice pricing on both the base model AND the different options available? One thing that I have learned over the years with shopping for cars is that the "true" invoice pricing that dealers pay for their vehicles is a closer guarded secret than some of the highest classified military information . But that said, there still is good invoice pricing information available on the net that can be useful when pricing new cars and negotiating with dealers.

After a basic internet search, the lowest invoice pricing I was able to find for the base models are below. But I still not have been able to find invoice pricing for individual vehicle options like I have seen for other vehicles:

x40i: $69,225 (MSRP: $73,900)
x50i: $86,620 (MSRP: $92,600)
M50i: Not Available Yet for 2020 (at least I could not find anything)

Link: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2019-BMW-X7-Price-c27485

3) There are various "cash" incentives that I have seen offered for the X7. They include an Owner Loyalty Bonus Cash, Military Bonus Cash and College Bonus Cash and of course the BMW CCA discount. My questions here are twofold...

Does the dealer pay for these incentives (thus eating into their profit margin) or does BMW pay for these incentives? I suspect it is BMW, and not the dealers - but this can vary from brand to brand and even model to model. What are the typical cash values for these incentives? From what little I have found, I believe the Loyalty Bonus Cash for the X7 is $1500-1600, the Military Bonus Cash is $700-$1000 (and is tied to USAA Federal Savings Bank membership with some other restrictions with using USAA financing vs BMW FS financing), and I have no data on the College Bonus Cash amount. As for the BMW CCA discount, I believe it is $1000 for the X7 and BMW pays for it (albeit it seems like the processing time for it is ridiculously long based on info from other threads in this forum).

Thoughts?

Edit.... I just noticed that the NADA Guides website has invoice pricing for different options. The only option that seemed "off" in pricing (both MSRP and invoice) was the M-Sport package. There is definitely some decent "wiggle room" when it comes time to negotiate....

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)

Last edited by jmciver; 06-02-2019 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0