03-01-2023, 10:04 AM   #14
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_Cooper View Post
I think there’s a strange hypersensitivity with criticism on the forums. Can’t speak for all you guys, but I’m the type of buyer that wants to know what’s crappy about a car, even if it’s nitpicking, not one that just sings its praises bc there’s a BMW badge on it (not saying you guys are all that way, obviously, just a trend I’ve noticed).

I said unbiased bc he’s able to highlight good and bad and if it’s worth upgrading to the LCI as an owner of the pre-LCI.

I’m not an X7 owner, but it’s potentially on the short list, and I appreciated the review as a comparator for the cx90. I’m sure when they do the CX90 review, the X7 will be a foil car to the Mazda esp since Mark owns one and the Savagegeese guys tend to like BMWs as much as Mazdas.

Criticism is healthy even if you generally like the brand.
You simply haven't been here long enough (2022 newbie) as the reality is a total 180 with your claim. This is by far the most negative forum of any automotive brand forum that I've been a part of and I've been a part of a lot of them. Way more than most. A lot of BMW enthusiasts simply despise any sort of change and a good portion of posters here hate on every single new vehicle released. They had to ban a bunch of posters from posting in the G8x forums because they went total batshit crazy when photos of the new grilles leaked. Never seen anything like that in my life. Your initial claim of an unbiased take was simply incorrect plain and simple. An unbiased take would come from a reviewer that doesn't own either vehicle, isn't a BMW fan, and has no skin in the game.
Appreciate 7
Patton2502938.00
Vivek.1366.00
TheMaxXHD641.00
Sedan_Clan24980.50
PNWM3533.50