View Single Post
      02-26-2024, 01:42 PM   #8
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

We have the captains chairs. As many noted- anchor is on the ground behind the chair. It impacts ability to put the third row up and down. It’s not that hard to undue the anchor as you can lean the captains chair back and forward to get and remove slack. Orient330iNYC educated me on the clips vs. seat belt (we were clips only). Luckily, never needed to test it (it was time to move to a high back booster shortly after being educated). There are a few threads where ‘car seats’ slipped that I’ve noted (many about bench vs Captains- as well as which ones work best etc) - may be worth doing a search if you haven’t already and want a bit more info.

To that end, there seems to be a bunch of pro’s and cons throughout the threads on bench/captians; not an easy decision, especially if you plan to keep it for 5+ years (a bit easier if leasing for 2 or so- live with a ‘bad decision’ shorter period). We went captians as we plan to keep it for a while (hoping 7-10… will see how that goes) and use it primarily on long road trips. Figured the kids would graduate from car seat/boosters and enjoy the freedom of their own chairs on those trips. Also, while they are younger- it is easy enough for friends to slip between the seats when we need the third row. Suspect we’ll need to grab a drink and popcorn and enjoy ‘the feature length movie’ running time of the seats moving back and forth when they’re bigger…….
Appreciate 0