View Single Post
      04-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #13
Spook410
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX35

The Golf is an attractive design. Their interiors are surprisingly nice. Maybe it's my demographic but I don't care about spoilers, big wheel wells, and other garish plumage. I also don't care that it's 'just a Golf'. There are many BMW M5 drivers that would find driving an M2 an exercise in humility. And Ferrari drivers that eschew M5's. In the end if you are a driver and not compensating for something, it's about how much a car meets your specific needs. Mine are utility combined with performance.

We're about to have some interesting choices. A 6MT Golf R, Ford Focus RS, and now, if it comes to the US, the Golf 420. That last one may be a rare bird. It may be expensive and in low production numbers. Just enough to keep the hot hatch high ground away from Ford. Still, if it's under $50K, comes with a 6MT, and is actually available I will be paying attention.

BMW M2, if a reasonable price, is still my first choice from what I know today and not because I have to have a BMW. However, I'm really pleased that there may be choices.
Appreciate 0