View Single Post
      02-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #1638
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I recently watched a documentary concerning the potential effects that psychoactive substances such as DMT may have had in the evolution of religion. Very interesting and well made points i.e. Moses speaking to God through a burning bush. The burning bush is thought to be an Acacia tree. The Acacia is native to this area. Acacia trees are known to have hollow areas that will allow for airflow. In the event that an Acacia is say, on a mountain side such as an active volcano, heat would allowed to be passed through the open areas. Once the tree/bush reaches flash point, it will burn although still remain structurally intact. Acacia trees are also known to be a source of DMT extraction. DMT (Dimethyltryptamine) is the most psychoactive substance on the planet and users are said to experience godly encounters. A person standing close enough to a burning Acacia tree would certainly feel the affects of such a thing.

The Egyptians are also thought to have had psychoactive experiences as they were very familiar with the Acacia tree as well. It is possible and has been studied that the Egyptians discovered much of their "technology" from communication with entities, such as mechanical elves, encountered during spiritual journeys while experimenting with such substances.

Interesting stuff.
I don't know. Seems like there are a lot of "if's" there.

(If it is an Acacia tree - just because native, doesn't mean it was)
(If it was on an active volcano - which isn't mentioned in the Bible)
(If the active volcano was close enough to the surface to heat the ground)
(If that heat was hot enough to reach a flash point)
(If it could burn and produce this DMT)

Lotta if's there. Plus, just a quick google search leads me to wonder if it wouldn't in fact be burnt off at the temperature needed to have a tree on fire - see below, but it suggests that you can't have the heat any higher than 120-130 Farenhuit. Which would certainly be lower than the flashpoint of a tree.

https://catbull.com/alamut/Bibliothe...action_tek.pdf

And what pray tell is a mechanical elf? I have never heard this before.
Appreciate 0