View Single Post
      12-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #634
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
How does PenFed work? Do I just need to have an account with them to get a credit for a lease?
What I know so far is that you have an account (be a member) with them for 60 days and if that's the case, you log in here:

https://www.penfed.org/auto/car-buying-service

With your online banking user name in the middle of the website and click on the green bar. On the next step, you enter the password. Then, you scroll down to 'Special incentives' and click on 'BMW'.

You can then generate a code and take that to the dealer.

BTW, here's a copy of the fine print on their website:

'Special BMW Incentive offer is valid at any authorized BMW Center in the United States. Cash incentives are not applicable for vehicles leased/financed through BMW Financial Services. Member must take retail delivery November 1, 2019 - January 2, 2020. Incentive offer is subject to change without prior notice. This special incentive is available to Pentagon Federal Credit Union members with greater than 60 days of membership. BMW requires presentation of a photo ID your BMW Manufacturer Certificate with a unique Customer ID and Offer Code. Visit the PenFed Car Buying Service to receive BMW Certificate. One incentive per member, per offer code, per calendar year for new BMW vehicles. Eligible member must be the purchaser. See your authorized BMW Center for complete program details.
For questions about the PenFed Car Buying Service please call 1-877-638-4124.'

What I underlined caused some confusion but other sources verified that you would indeed get $500 on any BMW model leased through BMW Financial through this program.
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0