03-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper328i View Post
Whoa. At least throw a no-homo disclaimer in there when you write something like that! lol

Just curious though, are you running the aFe too? If so, what other power mods are you running along with it? I ask because I find the current trend in the F30 community's opinion on the effects (or lack thereof) of intakes in general are based purely on herd mentality and not on actual experience or back-to-back dyno data.

So far as I've seen, the only F30/N20 dynos out there specifically focusing on intake gains are those from the manufacturers (which should be taken with a grain of salt). Other than that, the only intake-analysis dyno I've found is in that european car article focusing on Evolution Racewerks' bolt-ons.

Further still, aren't dyno charts a fundamentally flawed measure for evaluating intakes? This point has appeared to be pretty convincing in similar debates on the intake gains for other platforms. For instance, I remember reading a post a while back from a E92/N54 modder who only measured performance gains by installing bolt-ons at the track in conjunction with performing a series of 1/4 mile comparisons runs. I wish I could find this particular post because his 1/4 times dropped more than I expected from installing the aFe sealed intake for that platform.

Don't take all of this as me trying to make a point because I'm just as skeptical as you guys are. I'm just interested on getting some more definitive information for the intake on our F30 N20.
The only other relevant dynos are BMS testing on stage 2 where he said that the intake had no affect.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0