View Single Post
      03-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
1GrayBulldog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
The only other relevant dynos are BMS testing on stage 2 where he said that the intake had no affect.
Definitely good point, I forgot to include what BMS' statement was on intakes. But BMS didn't even dyno an intake, right? Here's their quote:

Quote:
3) During testing we opened up the airbox to simulate a high flow intake and determine the potential for intake power gains. In doing so we found exactly zero horsepower gained even at these high boost levels. The factory airbox is simply not a restriction at 300rw. For this reason we suggest you use only the factory airbox with the N20 platform. Companies claiming gains with intakes on this platform are fooling themselves and/or you.
I can't figure out from this how they "opened up the airbox" or how doing so would accurately simulate a "high flow intake" in an already simulated environment... And what kind of intake would that be simulating exactly?

If I'm reading into things correctly then I'm guessing the intent was to simulate an unsealed Injen/ER-type intake; if true, then I think their general conclusion is supported by what was found in that european car dyno. But I think everyone generally agrees that an unsealed tube intake is not the same thing as a sealed unit connected to a functioning hood scoop, right?

Like I said though, I'm interested enough to spend some time on this once I get my ride back next month...
Appreciate 0