06-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Dmitry83
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F30 320i (328i ECU) M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Hi, i think it's difficult to answer without knowing what you want to change with the car behaviour, to which extent.

FWIW i'm reverting from H&R to F32 LCI ARBs, having learned my lesson the hard way, I'll be able to report my impressions in a couple of weeks when the new setup is on.
Hi, Man,

At the moment I have the totally neutral steering and a little roll. Would like to add some oversteering plus flattering ovarally a bit.
The reason why I'm still looking to increasing the front one (not only rear)- this should improve the initial steering response and eliminate body roll. With no harsh ride for sure- so no H&R or Eibach kits are considered.
Also I have good experience with E93 M3 28mm front ARB instead of 26,5mm on my former E81 120i- it surprisingly eliminated(!) understeering, steering response became razor-sharp. Rear ARB was unchanged 12mm then.

The difficulty of decision is I don't have the experience of full M-Technic suspension with 24,2mm front & 13mm rear ARBs. Maybe it is completely perfect with no effect on ride quality. And I have an offer for the rear used one for $70 only.

However the F32 LCI you mentioned has 25mm front and 15mm rear in M-Technik (S704A) package. Do you mean this combo?
Remembering the 4-er is more appreciated in the reviews for steering character, I would go for the same or for complete M135i set of ARBs with 25,2/22,2mm front and 15mm rear.
Just don't know how does this variable thickness work- some kind of progressiveness maybe?
F80 bottom reinforcement plate
Koni Sport, M-Performance springs, M135i Anti-roll bars

Last edited by Dmitry83; 06-14-2017 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0