05-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #2
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
I don't look fat, but I notice the weight. I have most of my fat gain to my thighs and butt... and I'm a guy... I don't want to have a fat ass.
According to Charles Poliquin, weight gain around the gluteal fold and thighs is synonymous with excessive estrogen; this is why many women tend to have fat stores in this area. His system, known as BioSignature Modulation, allows the practitioner to determine what is going on hormonally based upon where you tend to store fat.

In your case, I would attempt to avoid all environmental estrogen exposure particularly soy which appears in nearly all processed foods, pesticides, hygiene products (parabens), industrialized (and some organic) animal foods (because they are fed soy), and plastics which are everywhere. In addition, increasing your consumption of organic cruciferous vegetables like kale, broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower can help with metabolism of estrogen. Increased quality protein (and fat) consumption is also indicated to once again assist with estrogen metabolism in the liver. A sauna is beneficial along with supplements like calcium-d-glucarate, selenium, indol 3 carbinol, and diindolylmethane (DIM).

If you want to take an objective look at your hormones, run a salivary adrenal stress profile to see how stress, lifestyle, nutrition, etc. are affecting your free steroidal hormones levels.
Appreciate 0