View Single Post
      03-05-2018, 11:03 PM   #8
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Live in AZ, we have several good options here and I know that they have good reputations for safety but a few years ago I saw a video of a guy waiting in line for his turn to go on track, the steward made him pull up closer to the entry of the track and while waiting a guy in a 370z trying to make the pole apparently, lost control of his car and took out two cars sitting their waiting. I know that is the extreme exception but once you see something like that its hard to get it out of your head. After I do the advanced M I might try a day with Pro-formance over at Firebird, I have watched a few sessions there and they seem to have a good system to keep things safe.
I think the video you're referring to was from Pocono racetrack on the east course. That track doesn't exactly have the best pit in/out layout which highly contributed to the scenario. The infield tracks from the Nascar oval are on the fringe of being considered a real race track, at best. I've been to a good number of tracks and have never seen a similarly poor layout. On the contrary, every other track has a clearly defined pit lane with concrete dividers.

There's probably a lot that can go wrong at a track event but that is one of the unlikeliest. And at the vast majority of events, as long as you go with a safety conscious group and don't drive over your head, you wil just have a great time.
Appreciate 0