06-15-2019, 09:28 PM   #6
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartz View Post
I have the similar problem. The X5 is my wife's car, but i drive it a lot. We have 2 profiles, but we did not bonded the key to profile.

Randomly when i select my profile the seats are set in the right way, sometimes not, it like stop half way to reach the right setting, I have to use the memory seating setting button at the door to put it back in the right place.

I had updated the car last week at the dealer, hoping this little things gone, but no still there, even worst now all the time I turn on the car I have to press ok for a driver alert message, after that I have to select the profile, confirm again, and them get into my profile, sometime it glitch and they like 15 seconds to enter my profile.

Why in the hell this guys does not only show this alert on time and that it! Also, why in the hell this car do not keep enabled the last profile used, it always come back to guest by default. This could be easy solved with a option where you can choose the default profile with option, Guest, ProfileX, Last Used profile.

Really really bad user experience, all the time i stop the car, I get back to it a minute after and I have to give 3-4 clicks to get it on the right configuration.

My car has the 2019.45 software, this my first BMW and iDrive UX is really bad, i hope they start to think about make things easily and smooth on this software, i can believe that this is the award winning BMW user interface experience that everybody talked about.
OK I think you need to slow down! the reason why it defaults to a guest profile every time is because you have not assigned the key to any one of the profiles. For it to recognize which profile to select upon entering the vehicle it has to recognize it from the key that is used and because you don't have any profile attached to the key fob it is not recognizing the specific profile and defaulting to the guest profile.

I took my car into the dealer yesterday for the seat memory issue and he basically told me that if the last person who used the car locked it using the key fob or the handle then it saves that memory setting to that key fob until somebody else unlocks the car using the key fob and changes the seat to a different setting/memory. It will stay in the most recent used seat position because you do not have a profile attached to the key fob. If you do have that then each time you enter it will default to the memory setting for that profile.

As much as BMW has an award winning user interface it also expects people to properly understand and learn the features of the car before taking it to a dealer or complaining about it. The more technologically advanced the cars get the more we as human beings have to learn and remember 🙏🏻😀

Lastly I would recommend having your dealer upgrade your software to the latest version .48
Appreciate 0