BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
IMO, this is the right question to ask.
The GTS (a car built for, evidently, no purpose) gets produced for a few months, then, poof, disappears. To be replaced by a CSL car (likely a series car) expected to be shown in concept this summer. When will they go from CSL concept to CSL production? My guess is they will try and protect the "exclusivity value" of the GTS for a while. So, I would think maybe next year. Or the following year, at the latest.
Pure guesswork on my part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@AUTOcouture View Post
Based on everything from Scott, the CSL M4, which is indeed coming, will be completely different from the road going M4 or even GTS, showing off electric technology,

Id also suspect the body will be similar to the CSL, concept, with designs from the old ones also

Probably wider, built in aggressive wing, same with the front,

But thats just what I've taken away from everything he has said

Interesting points so we need to figure out what BMW is trying to establish with their model lines.
Is a GTS to the M4 just like the GT3 is to the 911.
Perhaps the CSL to the M4 will be like the GT2 to the 911.

Point is the GT3 and GT2 both have their merits, and both have their "following" and designed purpose. I hope that's what BMW is trying to achieve will all these M4 models, however its the first time they are taking a crack at it.
Well they have offered a csl to the e46 and a gts to the e92

So now it seems like both are being offered

If I had to compare like you did

M4 - Carrera
Gts- gt3
Csl- gt3rs

Kind of how I would look at it
Appreciate 0