08-03-2019, 12:10 PM   #12
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Admittedly though, I would prefer the OEM solution over this or any other aftermarket solution for the X7 (even though this looks better cosmetically since the receiver is hidden). Mechanically, this aftermarket solution should be just as capable and safe as the factory solution as this one appears to attach to the X7 at the same attachment points. However, the factory solution also includes some additional towing electronic modules (and buttons) that interface with the rest of the car (like iDrive, the air suspension, etc) - a much more seamless and complete integration with the X7 IMHO.
Very true.

With OEM Trailer Hitch, you get Trailer Stabilization Control to stop trailer swinging. I think this safety feature alone is worth getting the OEM hitch over 3rd party ones.

I personally don't care about the comfort access (kick open) feature of the tailgate. It's never worked well in my previous BMWs - I have to keep kicking in different directions and different speed to get it to open, making me look like fool
Appreciate 1
MystroX56289.50