View Single Post
      01-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #28
2020bmwx7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw x7

I was looking into possibly swapping out components for the B&W one myself since I bought a 2020 40i off the lot that didn't have it.

It's quite possible realoem.com doesn't actually have the parts correct. I wasn't able to find the audio parts via getbmwparts for our model or on fcpeuro's site and is likely why the X7 isn't listed for vehicle fitment (yet).

You can see the parts here for the base Hi-Fi system, HK, B&W: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...-X7_40iX&mg=65

If you search for one of the part numbers on getbmwparts.com, you can see the layout like this one in the 3rd image- https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...er-65136813597

1. Base Hi-Fi system .. this one at least checks out as in it's consistent between the website & realoem.

1a. "standard features" for base model is listed on bmw's site as:

"HiFi Sound System with 10 speakers and 205-watt digital amplifier"

1b. If you spec out the base Hi-Fi system from realoem, you'd get the 10 total:

(2) tweeter + speaker in central dash
(4) tweeter + speaker in driver & passenger side panels
(2) woofer under driver & passenger side seats
(2) speaker in rear doors

2. Harmon Kardon system. Mismatch between bmw site & what I found on realoem.com.

2a. The BMW site lists this as a 12-speaker system:
Harman Kardon® surround sound system with 360-watts. This 12-speaker sound system includes 5 tweeters (2 tweeters with "Harman Kardon" designation in the mirror triangles), 5 midrange speakers and 2 central bass speakers located under the front seats. This multi-channel system makes the car's cabin a colorful sound experience.

2b. For the HK system.. using realoem.com and looking at "TOP-HIFI SYST" parts: 16 total

(2) tweeter + speaker in central dash
(4) tweeter + speaker in driver & passenger side panels
(2) woofer under driver & passenger side seats
(4) tweeter + speaker in rear doors
(4) tweeter + speaker in d-pillar in cargo area

3. B&W system - BMW's site lists this as a 16 speaker system which matches what is on realoem.com's "HIGH END SOUND SYSTEM" parts

Confused much? So am I and it seems to be only isolated to the HK system which is what I have ha!

I guess the only way to know is to take it all apart =P
Appreciate 0