01-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Definitely the BEST aftermarket intake design on the market, period. Plastic piping to reduce heat soak, fully enclosed airbox with the exception of the opening for the OEM intake snorkel and an opening in the airbox to improve induction sound (just like the OEM M2 airbox I'm running on my M235), and the utilization of a cone filter.

The depicted gains look decent (~10whp/10wtq across the 5000-7000rpm powerband); however, I'm always skeptical of aftermarket vendor numbers. It appears that there were at least 4 dyno runs in stock from and at least a total of 9 runs (stock and with the airbox). Whose to say the stock numbers depicted aren't the lowest for all runs (run 4) and the airbox numbers (run 9) the best. It's a common aftermarket company ploy to exaggerate the numbers. Also, the Dynojet smoothing factor was "5" which can influence numbers by a decent amount.

I'm not saying there aren't gains, but the gains shown here are likely exaggerated a bit. Buyer beware and do your due diligence. That's all.
Note: These are the manufacturer(afe) dyno numbers not the vendor(Extreme Power House)

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0