View Single Post
      07-14-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
Guesswhosback
Challenge Accepted
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i '07

Questions regarding non-idrive to CIC retrofit

Alright guys, managed to get all parts for a full retrofit, except combox.

Do have some questions about the retrofit itself, and before anyone asks,
YES i did my homework and I SEARCHED ALOT, but I just want to be sure that in my case, it will work without issues.
*That would be with the standard CCC controller with voice/menu button*

First thing first, i made an ''electric schem'' that should work on my car (2007/07), would like to have confirmation that the wires hook up should 100% look like that :

Second question, are the CAN high / low wires shielded? Also do they really need to be twisted all the way up, I mean, of course its because of magnetic field but would standard wires (20awg) without twists work flawless?

Third question, if everything went right, it should comes ON but probably with no sound since it wont be coded yet, fin. But does that video is 100 % accurate on the steps to do to code it right?

4th question, I know there's emulator for sale with flicker problems etc, but want to avoid those possibies problems... So basicly what are the other steps after that? I mean FS is just for map updating with the 1b file etc righ? and you enter the donor car vin's ? I'm a bit confused on that point...

THANKS A LOT for your time I'm pretty much excited doing this but kinda scared in another way, your help will be MUCH appreciated, really !
Appreciate 0