View Single Post
      06-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #21
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

I'm glad you noticed!

I haven't seen one that is perfect. They all either have at least one button that's a bit recessed or raised up.

These are the little details that makes BMW different than other brands. Other brands don't have these because they don't cheap out.

If you want to discover other OCD-like anomalies, I'll give you another one that all F30/32/80/82 M Sport and M steering wheels have. Go check your steering wheel and wrap your hand around the 3 and 9 o clock position and use your fingers to feel the back of the leather. Your right hand (3 o clock) will have less leather wrapped behind and less surface area than the left hand (9 o clock). All of them are like that to a varying degree and don't ask me why it is asymmetric like that. Also wrap your hands around the leather at 5 and 7 o clock position and you may discover that one side feels thicker than the other. Now tap the left paddle and right paddle and you will notice they sound a bit different. And before you come flaming me saying every brand is like that, I've compared it to Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, Porsche, and even a Mazda and they don't have these anomalies.

I can list out a few more if anyone likes to hear them, and I can only discover that much in a BMW for some reason...

dL
Appreciate 0