08-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #7
//M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamRWS6 View Post
A.J., It runs the same AFRs as the stock tune does. It doesn't run any leaner. If the AFR was that far off the car would be throwing codes left and right. I've yet to see a single code get thrown on mine.
Oh of course. But sometimes the Delta on map 1 can be as much as 4psi. 10psi at 14:1 isnt as bad as 14:1 at 14psi with ~10 degrees of timing.

Clearly Terry wasn't happy either as he is using IAT biasing to lower timing. He can't do anything about AFR for now.

But the spikes to almost 16:1 during spool bother me more and it's not on tip in either it's as the spool takes off, so several pounds of boost.

If someone can explain to me how a motor all of sudden can run 11:1 compression, and almost stoichiometric AFR with 14+ pounds of boost on pump when that was impossible for any engine before including the DI N54. Not to mention the IAT temps on this motor tend to be higher on average then the N54. It makes no technical sense to me. When someone can tell me what's changed so dramatically to allow this I'll feel better.

Because as far as I know no motor before has been able to withstand this. Basically my point is I think it's on the bleeding edge for pump gas stock adding 3-4 more psi with equal timing and same AFR has me worried.

I'd like to see what the MPPK runs.

Last edited by //M; 08-07-2016 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 1
eluded3041.50