JamRWS6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosielia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamRWS6 View Post
A.J., It runs the same AFRs as the stock tune does. It doesn't run any leaner. If the AFR was that far off the car would be throwing codes left and right. I've yet to see a single code get thrown on mine.
Oh of course. But sometimes the Delta on map 1 can be as much as 4psi. 10psi at 14:1 isnt as bad as 14:1 at 14psi with ~10 degrees of timing.

Clearly Terry wasn't happy either as he is using IAT biasing to lower timing. He can't do anything about AFR for now.

But the spikes to almost 16:1 during spool bother me more and it's not on tip in either it's as the spool takes off, so several pounds of boost.

If someone can explain to me how a motor all of sudden can run 11:1 compression, and almost stoichiometric AFR with 14+ pounds of boost on pump when that was impossible for any engine before including the DI N54. Not to mention the IAT temps on this motor tend to be higher on average then the N54. It makes no technical sense to me. When someone can tell me what's changed so dramatically to allow this I'll feel better.

Because as far as I know no motor before has been able to withstand this. Basically my point is I think it's on the bleeding edge for pump gas stock adding 3-4 more psi with equal timing and same AFR has me worried.

I'd like to see what the MPPK runs.
The IAT readings can't be relied upon in map1 b/c as you stated that is being altered to keep timing in line. If you are really concerned about this you should probably get in touch w/ Terry and go through some of your concerns. The guy knows a hell of a lot more about this tune than even the guys that work for him and has never shied away from answering my questions. All of the logged parameters are in line with the stock tuning with the exceptions that have been explained by the JB4 altering them to keep other things in check.

If you aren't comfortable with it after talking to him then it is definitely your choice to not run it.
Appreciate 0