View Single Post
      05-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
Zoominrex
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
CarPlay does not play over BT, see post #5, http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1346531

I have noticed recently the car choosing BMW BT instead of CarPlay w/my phone but I think that is b/c I have gotten into a funky loop w/my work phone and it connecting to CarPlay first. When I switch from BMW BT to CarPlay the music sounds 100% better. Well not sure about better b/c I have not done an definitive comparison testing but the sound level increases and seems to sound better. So you might want to check that the phone is actually connected via CarPlay.

I find that CarPlay and the computer in the car in general is much faster, at least compared to my older X5, as I would expect, but I certainly would not call it slow.

Try this. Put the phone awake on the seat and lock the car and look to see if the iPhone battery/charge symbol is still on. This might not give you a definitive answer b/c I was surprised to noticed that when I lock the car the radar detector plugged into the car lighter near the cupholders was still on. I keep forgetting to look in to see if it's asleep when I come back after x minutes and even then bringing the key near the car may wake it up?

All this said, I use to leave an iPod nano in the X5 console w/o issue but I knew that outlet turned off w/the car.
Thanks for the response. I tried leaving the phone plugged into the armrest USB,left it out on the seat, then locked the doors to see if the charging would stop. It did not. The USB interface works really well though. It's fast and loads up as soon as the car starts up. With Bluetooth and CarPlay, it definitely stutters and struggles to connect sometimes.
Appreciate 0