View Single Post
      03-14-2024, 07:06 PM   #1
gnews77
Rep
Drives: 2024 Alpina XB7

PPF & Wheel Question

Hi all!
Long time lurker, but first time poster here. My 2024 Tanzanite Blue II Metallic XB7 order is scheduled to start exterior assembly on March 18th, so I am starting to make some plans about Winter wheels, PPF, etc. I have two questions for you all and would love any and all input.

1: I am debating whether or not to protect some of the truck with PPF or not. I would do the entire front bumper and diffuser, head lights, and all 4 doors. Goal would be to try to mitigate rock chips on the front end, and door dings on the doors (assigned parking lot at work with tight spaces). Cost would be about $3000 - $4300 from the higher-end shops in my area (full truck is $8500-9600). I would love the protection, but worry that it won't be cost effective vs. touch up paint as needed and will eventually start to peel or yellow. Any strong opinions either way? The PPF brands offered by the different shops are 3M, Xpel, Bodyfence, and Stek Dynoshield, if that matters.

2. Hoping you all can help me decide between two color choices for my winter wheels. I ordered the 23" CS16 wheels with my XB7 so am downsizing to a set of squared 21" Vossen HF7 in factory spec to deal with midwest winters and pot holes. Would you all go with the Anthracite (gunmetal colored) or Gloss Black? I have attached pictures of both options below as well as a Tanzanite XB7 for reference.

Thank you all, and so excited to be joining the XB7 (and X7) family!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0