View Single Post
      07-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #20
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

@Andrew: Thanks! As I wrote above... I'm not sure anymore, if they're BMW Performance. I had a bunch of carbon parts made for my M392, when I bought it and I am not sure if the mirror covers were made for me or if they were BMW Performance stuff. They're 3 years old and came off my M392 when I traded it in. I had front splitters (and a diffusor to cover the rusty exhaust, as well as a rear carbon lip) made for my M3 before BMW offered them for the car with the competition package. I had it done simply because the lift on the front axle above 250km/h was insane with the stock aero!

@bmw13: The main reason I have the Performance seats are the 4-point harnesses I have in the car. They work with those, they don't with the stock seats. You can see here how I sit in my car and that's how I feel comfortable driving. The seating position is a wee bit to high but other than that, perfect. You cannot recreate that seating position in the stock seat. Impossible. And no... the shifter is not stock. Everything underneath is completely rebuilt. The throws are shorter than stock, even though the shifter is a lot longer.