View Single Post
      06-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #18
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
Now if you understand the "theme", then your suggestion that Martha does not belong to this group is invalid.
I simply offered an opinion on how good this potential viewer thinks your show setup is. My opinion was that it is lob-sided. You can't say that my opinion of your show is invalid. It is an opinion supported by a plausible argument. We may disagree, but it's not invalid

Quote:
I've never said that what Martha did is just as horrendous as what Tyson did, I never said it's not either. What I'm saying is your argument of that Martha should not be included in this show because her crime was not that bad, is not an valid point, as the degree of the crime is not why all these people are selected. In addition, lets say because of what Martha did, her company's stock's value changed (in whichever way). And lets assume hypothetically that your brother invested his life saving into this company's stock, and due to the value change, he lost a lot of money. Money that he needs desperately. And because of this, he decided to take his own life. Now would you say your life is not dramatically effected because the little white collar crime martha conducted? Would you not view her just as bad of a person as Tyson?

Ok so that might be a big stretch, but the point is, when you commit a crime, there's usually a victim, and to that victim, you just might be the most horrible person in the world. So who are you to judge whether the crime someone committed is bad or not?
Correction: HUGE stretch! Notice that I didn't say that all white collar criminals are miles apart from all rapists. I was talking about what Martha did. What she did couldn't begin to have the effects you are talking about. Now if we are talking about Kozlowski, Ebbers, Skilling, or Scrushy (RedStripe's list), I would tell you that they did is ranks up there with some nasty violent crime.

Who am I to judge? I am a free person with a brain Just as you are free to lump them up in one category, I am free to make distinction. I have news for you, we all do it!
Appreciate 0