View Single Post
      10-11-2022, 08:49 PM   #92
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brd529 View Post
Here is a “menu” I got from a dealer today when picking up (21” wheels)

I declined them all. The guy seemed very disappointed. He offered to take $500 off the tire and wheel protection.
Appearance protection package for $850, which is basically spraying a $10 bottle with SIO2 detailer and wipe it with a microfiber towel!.

Dent protection plan for $850!!… meanwhile it costs $25 to remove a dent!. How many dents do you have to have for the plan to just pay for itself?

And you know what? Once you read the terms and conditions for all these plans you will realize how bad they are. In many cases they cover only up to a certain threshold that tends to be too low.

In my opinion, all these plans are built that the dealer will make more money than the chance it pays you more for what you paid for the plan. Hence, it is always best to take the risk and go without any of these plans. The only one that may worth it is the mechanical warranty plan.

Of course you had to decline all these packages. And, of course the guy was upset. FYI, and I know this is 100% true, dealers make MORE money from these packages than they make on the entire vehichle itself!. He offered to take $500, but I guarantee you he can take THOUSANDS!. I got my 4-years (total of 8 years with factory warranty) up to 100K extended warranty platinum plan reduced from $7200 to $3700, believe it or not. Why? Because they knew I am not going to buy it no matter what unless for the $3700, and they are still making money on it at that price so they would rather give it to me at that price than not taking it at all.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 10-11-2022 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0