View Single Post
      08-23-2023, 08:58 AM   #21
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Do you think that is reasonable when you are attending College for "free" on a scholarship and getting an education (which is supposedly the first priority when going to college in the first place) on other student's money as well as state sponsored funding thru tax dollars? Oh, and by the way, you don't have to attend class... sorry, that's not school, that's a grift to everyone else. If that's NOT ridiculous... I don't know what is... your payment is a free education...but again, that flew out the window many years ago.... if we are really going down this route... fine separate schools from athletic programs entirely... it'll then be athletic academies etc vs learning institutions.
The problem with this line of thinking is, any regular student can be a youtube or tiktok star and monetize their channel. However, before NIL, if you were an athlete and did that, you would be deemed ineligible. Makes no sense to punish an athlete just because they are an athlete.

NIL hasnt ruined college football, the transfer portal has. Used to be you had to sit out a year if you transferred unless you got a waiver for special circumstances. Now these guys can hop from one school to the next with no penalty.

Now, does NIL need to be regulated more? yes. But its not a bad idea for athletes.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
Clark_Kent2237.00
Accentu8705.00