brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Yeah, I think I lasted all of two weeks before I was on the phone with Tirerack.
Please explain. What was it that was so bad about the stock tires that you didn't like? And what difference do you notice with other tires? This is my third car with the same Bridgestone runflats. I have had two e90's and now an e82, when I took my 335 to the drag strip I thought the stock tires performed fairly well. I was whooping everyone's ass, two 500hp gt500's and a number of other v8's. Don't get me wrong I still try to buy the softest tires I can find within a price range, but in my twenty years of street driving experience I cant tell any noticeable difference in basically any tire. The point I'm trying to make is the word performance is a marketing scheme, 98% of us never use tires, suspension or the cars for that matter to a point where all these aftermarket parts even matter. Yet all you hear on these forums is how bad the stock parts of these BMW's are. As I have stated earlier I want the feel of a true sports car because it brings me enjoyment. That is after all why I buy BMW's, that and the fact that I have come to the realization that I will most likely never have the 911 I've always wanted.

Last edited by brocklanders; 05-22-2014 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0