View Single Post
      05-07-2016, 07:54 AM   #2
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF228 View Post
Recently purchased a CPO 228i M Sport, auto trans and want to do a few upgrades of course. JB4 has a great reputation and power numbers look good. I'm curious if anybody is using the tuner from Turner Motorsports?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...dule/?pdk=BQYD

I don't think i would be using a lot of different maps but i do like that the JB4 has boost by gear and ethanol capability, cheaper price doesn't hurt either but tuning is something i don't mind paying a little extra for if its worth it. I would rather have safety and great drive-ability than trying to max it out for the most hp. I'll send an email to Turner and see if i can get a little more detailed info on it.

I will be getting a downpipe eventually and maybe a few other bolt ons like a chargepipe and maybe GFB DV+ diverter valve upgrade.

If you want a list of upgrades and an order here is my input and reasoning:

1- Intake. Basic first mod for almost everyone. Dinan, BMS, Gruppe M, all good stuff. See if you can find a used one from a member and save some money. Will give you a better sounding car and adds a lil bit of power. Required for any tune you will go in the future.

2- Brakes. Stainless steel hoses, higher boiling point fluid, and aggressive street pads. The oem brakes are really good and surprised me alot on occasion but its nothing compared to SS hoses/fluid and pads. I'm using yellowstuffs and so far they are perfect. Here are the part numbers for a 235 (check to see if the same for your car, might not be) EBC DP42130R- FRONT + EBC DP42133R- REAR.

3- Wheels. Oem's look nice, they don't weigh that much and will work. I keep them around for a winter set. Choose a wheel design you like that are light and strong.

4- Tune. This is a slippery slope. Dinan/JB4/AA8 what ever you choose, there are pros and cons to all.

5- DP. Cattless will give you a little more power than catted but throw a CEL code. Also bad for environment and a bit louder. They can make your car smell like exhaust. You can go catted and not get a CEL light but you still may get one in a year or so. Most tunes will remove the CEL light.

6- Exterior/Interior mods. Painted reflectors, splitters, diffusers, tints, stickers etc.. Look into torque app for realtime monitoring oil and things.
This is all about personality and fitment. Stay away from ebay unless you know what your getting into.

7- Suspension. Springs/coilovers. Pros and cons to each here as well. If you just want to be lower, get springs. If your tracking or want to spend 4k, go with coilovers.

8- Don't buy anything until you read posts and others comments. Ask questions. How was the quality, the fitment? Etc...

Enjoy your car, take it on the track, have a great time!
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 2