View Single Post
      05-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #15
JoeyF228
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Keep in mind JB and Jb4 maps (and all the other proven tunes of course) are tested for thousands of miles in order to ensure that they are safe

AFR, timing, fuel and wastegate duty cycle are some of the few variables monitored to make sure these maps are not pushing the car to its limit but rather adding power while staying in the safe zone. At the end of the day 95% of users are not track racers

Adding mods and running the recommended maps will not wear internals prematurely ( proven by cars that have been tuned for over 100k miles)

Just make sure you run the recommended maps and keep your car maintained as recommended
These engines are not the most reliable out there, which is why i recommend not to go too crazy with mods and stick with FBO mods only (Tune,Downpipe,intercooler and charge pipe)
I don't plan to go too crazy, tune with downpipe and chargepipe should be plenty although i would like to do an intercooler at some point too. I'm guessing stock M235i or M2 intercoolers won't work or too expensive to make worthwhile?

I'm most likely going to be changing the oil every 5000-6000 miles anyway, i don't really go for these super long intervals.
Appreciate 0