View Single Post
      08-13-2007, 05:57 AM   #6
Jaken20
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
I just picked up my Alpine White 335i coupe last Thursday, after having ordered it in late May. I knew it would be quite the car, but I honestly had no idea what I was in for. As a reference point, my previous car was lightly-modded 1990 Mustang 5.0. You can imagine how big of a jump that is. First, let's start with the amenities.

A timer you can set to run the AC for 30 minutes while the car is off, while having no appreciable impact on battery-drain? Who the hell comes up with that? That's fawkin' awesome!

I set the nav the other day for an office I'd never been to (meeting someone there). It involved some freeway driving, so I got on, and 10 minutes later the nav voice comes on "A traffic disturbance has been detected on your route" or something to that effect. It then suggests an alternate route, and sure enough right when I exit I see the traffic stopped ahead on the freeway. Utterly fantastic. A bar that hands you your setbelt when you get it? It's like having a butler in the car with you at all times. In fact, I've come to name that seat-belt assist "Jeeves." The sport seats literally hold me like superglue when I set them narrow enough, the steering wheel is nice and thick, and the leather is very soft, the trunk is spacious, the car is, in a word, perfect. Now onto performance.

Holy shit. This thing doesn't grab the road it claws into it. The torque is utterly amazing coming out of corner exits on winding backroads or just plain accelerating in traffic w/o downshifting. Strut bars and springs are going to be the first mods done to it just to add to the already formidable handling abilities. And the power...much more than I expected to feel. My last two cars before the Mustang were 91 and 92 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4s (twin turbo) that were pretty heavily modded, so it's not as if I haven't been in some decently quick cars. The 3 definitely isn't as quick, but hey, it's still only stock , not to mention it rapes all of my previous cars 6 ways from Sunday in every other department

I have never been more enamored with a mechanical object as I am with this 335. BMW definitely outdid itself!
A+++ would read again.

i'm looking to get into a 335 soon, and this review isn't helping how anxious i am!
Appreciate 0