View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 09:56 AM   #4
pandyarajen
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Got a call from the Genius at my local dealer yesterday. He said they just got official word from BMWNA that the OTA update started going out to cars in the USA on October 25th. He said it may take a few weeks before I see it show up on my car (late MY2020 build) as they are restricting the push to only a few thousand cars a day.

He also said that BMWNA told them that they've been instructed from now on software updates done at the dealer will not be covered under warranty unless it is to fix an issue explicitly specified in the release notes and the dealer can duplicate the issue. He says some dealers may still do updates if the customer asks for it, and just eat the cost of it or make it up else where (like jacking up the price of an oil change even more).

He offered to give me a free update in the shop if I don't receive it OTA in the next few weeks because we've had a case open with BMWNA for the past 4+ months on a couple software issues. He is not sure if they will be fixed with this latest update as the release notes didn't directly list those issues as resolved in them.
Thanks for this. This is such a faux pa from BMW. They continue to nickel dime their customers. Buy almost 100k car, and get charged for software updates that can improve your ownership. This is why Tesla rules for customer satisfaction. I hope BMW listens and changes their ways.
Appreciate 0