Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Have we discussed whether it is possible to have have more than 1 key card? I don't mean more than one per profile, I mean more than one per car, like a his and hers. If not, possible? Thoughts, experiences?
Yes - the NFC key card and a smartphone are technically both separate devices so I believe it is possible to have multiple NFC cards. Each Digital Key has to be activated and registered with the vehicle and a driver profile.
So the reason I asked here is because the dealer tells me (because they claim BMW is telling them) that no, multiple Key Cards are not supported. That limitation doesn't make much sense and a key card as a backup for both primary and the secondary driver (spouse) is by far the best option - small, easy to carry, doesn't confuse the car by multiple key fobs approaching car at same time and screwing up driver profiles, etc. So I wanted to get a wider poll of knowledge.
You may wish to politely tell the dealer to RTFM then
Actually, that refers to "digital key" which I think is BMW's highly confusing terminology for the Android smartphone key facility, not Key Card.
It's from the section called "key card". Trust me a NFC chip is a NFC chip. The car has no idea if it's inside a smartphone or a credit card sized piece of plastic.
Appreciate 0