View Single Post
      03-09-2023, 09:46 AM   #16
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
No worries with perforation and leather soaking it up. The foam is really light and airy and it’s more of an even distribution idea so you put it on a clean, white slightly damp (distilled water) on microfiber towel and rub it across the leather. It’s better than other heavier lotion like cleaners as it doesn’t push and stay into the perforation holes. This stuff dries quickly and doesn’t leave any residue or sticky soapy film like the lotions do like Lexol cleaner, etc….
All my cars Porsche, BMW, etc.. have perforated heated and cooled seats and it’s the only cleaner I will use because of that tech under the seat cushions. I am also hyper critical of ph balance with fine leather and that’s why distilled water with the cleaner is optimal. It’s also better to use two separate steps with cleaning and then conditioning leather. All-in-one leather cleaner conditioners are a short cut that can trap dirt and push it farther into the grain. They don’t clean and lift the dirt out of the leather pores. You also will develop a build up on the leather and your satin finish will start to get smooth and shiny from the build up.
Ordered
Still using the same microfiber towers you recommended (Cobra). Now taking your advice on SONAX products and will report back when I try them.
Appreciate 0