04-09-2016, 09:52 AM   #21
//M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF80 View Post
I absolutely love uneducated answers such as these. Why is it that Dinantronics box's are not as advanced or reliable as JB4's? I also love that people bash Dinan buyers. Does the money that people pay for Dinan come out of your pocket? With so many options on the market let the man make his own decisions. I feel like if you can not help the user in a positive fashion please stop trolling. People choose different tuners for different reasons and everyone should respect that.
I can write you a paper on why it's less advanced but I'll keep this short and sweet so people actually read it.

Dynatronics has no user interface or logging capabilities whatsoever. When you have an issue with jb4 you send logs to Terry and he usually send you new firmware that can improve your issue or instantly send you a new JB4. Without you having to go to the dealer. Also data logging is crucial on a tuned vehicle. Why? Because logging allows you to catch problems before they become a huge issue.

Dinantronics causes all sorts of drivetrain malfunction lights. The only course of action for the dealers is to remove the dinantronics and see if it fixes the issue then if it does just order a new one and stick it in because there's no way to access it, update it, do anything. problem with that is it's not uncommon at all for them to fail, the failure rate vs jb4 is significantly higher.

Jb4 has more safety mechanisms. Can anyone tell me if dinantronics disables itself on its own accord by monitoring fuel trims bank-to-bank variance, air to fuel ratio, timing pull (knock) overboost, under boost. Oh wait it doesn't, it throws a BMW CEL. ( which by the way is way way too lenient you have to have a dangerous condition for at least one full second before you have any chance of throwing a BMW code like that. Which is why JB4 has those protections. Car wont even throw a code for huge bank-to-bank variances)

You know Steve Dinan spent years shitting on jb4 and any other piggyback saying they were dangerous and incomplete tuning solution. Guess what? When the f30 came out and Dinan could not break into the ECU's... ( because despite what some people think BMW does not work with him does not help him) we got DinanTronics. So that says it all. I mean Steve made a thing out of this, crapping on piggybacks.
That was the moment I lost all respect for him. ( by the way while not as ideal as ECU tuning obviously, proper piggybacks like jb4 are safe)

It's because of people like u that people that know what they're talking about sit back and smile at your ignorance instead of replying and helping, keep that in mind before calling me a troll. Thanks.
Appreciate 0