First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 30d MY24 + G20 M340i MY24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4ckD4ys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjak92 View Post
Out of curiosity, what made you order the X7 now when an facelift version is due to begin production in 4 months time?
The amount of time it takes until those LCI cars hit the dealer lots at reasonable price levels? Or maybe the fact that you don't want to be an iDrive 8 (and other components) test user?

Solid, proven car today versus not-yet-proven-but-improved car 10 months down the line?

Pigeon on the roof versus small finch in hand today?

Driving pleasure today versus driving pleasure tomorrow?

It's all so subjective but kudos to both of you for getting the car you want! If you're unsure about your choice then you should wait until you gained that clarity.

With a completely new platform I'd agree with most of that, however, an LCI has underpinnings of the existing model. Historically, LCI's are fairly reliable from day one, something that can't be said, as you pointed out, about brand new models.

In terms of iDrive 8 and "teething" problems, with September delivery times for X7 LCI, the new iDrive will have been effectively a year into production at that point. With OTA updates on top of that, I expect most bugs to be eradicated.
Appreciate 0