View Single Post
      12-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #14
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamf
Off the line, the DTC robs a significant amount of power from the upgrade. However, it is still much more powerful than stock. If I had to guess, the DTC is robbing 10 to 15 hp and 25 to 35 torque. Just turn the DTC off when you want to play around and feel safe doing so. It is all under your control. Other than off the line performance and in the curves, the DTC does not seem to affect the power at all.

I agree that 18whp seems like a lot. In fact, it is even more significant when you see the new numbers from the MT guys. There is no doubt that the AT robs some power. How much is a matter of debate. Personally, I think my numbers look a little low because the logic in the AT tranny tries to out think what the driver wants (e.g., it down shifts when you don't want it to). So on paper the numbers look lower, but I suspect that in the real world the numbers are much closer. Just my biased guess:-)

A word on the tranny: It is still just as smooth as before. No noticeable change at all. Everything works perfect.

Also, if you prefer a quiet car, I can not hear any significant difference from the engine or exhaust, although, the sound is slightly different.
I suspected that this is the case. I feel my car is plenty powerful now with DTC on, so I suppose that any major increase in HP/TQ (like adding ~ 40-50HP/TQ with the Xede) would be un-fn-real whether DTC is still on or off. Thank you for your reply.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0