View Single Post
      06-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #8
Milangel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlou View Post
In case anyone is contemplating doing this but wondering about the complexity, etc I thought I'd share that I just removed the airbag warning stickers from both visors in about an hour.

A screwdriver and needle-nose pliers were needed to remove the visors from the vehicle. After that 91% isopropyl alcohol, some paper towels, and something a little heavy to apply pressure did the trick to remove the stickers. Lastly some vinyl protectant to clean up the job.

After removing the stickers there remains a 'shadow' of where the stickers were, but I'll take that over the stickers themselves... (there's a video on youtube where acetone is used after the sticker is removed to get rid of the shadow, but I wasn't up to trying that)

Here are some pics of the job in progress and then the final results (I wasn't able to get any pics of the actual removal of the visors, but that was really pretty easy):
Looks great! Tried to do this last night but had no idea how to remove the visor from the vehicle at the very beginning

Would you mind sharing more details of how to remove it with screw driver and needle-nose pliers? It seems that there is no screws on the pad-like item that connects the visor and the headline other than a small tap. Did you force the visor out by the plier?
Appreciate 0