View Single Post
      12-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Ah...since I have been at probably 100 track days..I guess I can comment. in the 9 years I have been tracking..I have seen probably 20 issues whereby someone either hit a wall (actually I was instructing someone that hit the wall on my side when we were at Infineon/Sears Point). I have seen a few times when people have hit others..and created damage..and I have seen two complete roll overs...lastly..on a test day before a race..I was out in my race car and saw two cars collide from different turns..and die on scene. Yes, I said die almost immediately..and they had roll bars/helmets/fire supression systems. I am not trying to scare you...just tell you how it is..you shouldnot be out there unless you are prepared to deal with what could happen to your car. Also, you should always think while you are driving about those family members that count on you..or care about you. If something were to happen to you...what would happen to them. That is why I only go 9/10ths while on track. I could take more chances and be a bit faster..but I dont want to stack the deck against me.. However, track events are great ways to improve or hone your skills ..that will directly affect how you drive on the street, highway, and freeway. It allows you to be more prepared for what you may see when you are driving to work..or on vacation..whatever. I "HIGHLY RECOMMEND" that you attend a high performance driving school in your area.

Most events have a blanket insurance policy to cover damages that you do to the track itself. Your auto policy will most likely NOT cover any damages you do to your car..you are on your own..and I would not even tell them something happened if it did happen..they will most likely cancel your policy and place you in assigned risk category. If they do cover it..they will cancel right after they cover that particular event. Very few will cover damage incurred while at a high performance driving school on a track. The main thing is ...be prepared financially to fix what you break or damage.

Yes, I have hit someone in the rear once while driving this car...

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0