View Single Post
      10-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #7
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

I have owned a GT3 997 MK2

Very very good car but.

If you want to enjoy a GT3 you must go the track. The car has so much grip and if you want to find out the limit. It s a no go area for the road. A GT3 is a very limited car in use.

Also keep in mind if you need new parts for your porsche you pay 4 times the price of most other brands like bmw etc. If you damage you're car on track it wil be very very costly.

an other thing i find it negative is the attention this car has. People staring at you. Point a finger and you hear them say look there is an other guy who has his midlife crisis to early.

I am very happy i have owned a GT3 and did track days with it. Did some drifts with it. It s a great car. One of the best drivers car if you get used to the engine in the back.

I found that the GT3 has lots of understeer and lift off oversteer when driven hard.

1M is much more accessible. You don t stand out of the crowd. It s mega fun to drive it sideways. And with some tweaks you can make a very very nice fun track car out of it.

I have as much fun with my tweaked 1M as with the GT3 on track the costs are a lot lower. Like the balance of the 1M more.

The engine of the GT3 is a piece of art though.
Appreciate 1