Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickAv8r View Post
Never heard anything good about EBC. I'd avoid.

Hawk has pads in these shapes, if you are only doing a single track day but want something more performance oriented I'd recommend the Hawk 5.0 as its a low dust pad that can handle track days without fading, its the replacement of the HP. The Street Race is the new HPS but beware, very dusty and noisy.

Front – HB765x.664 (D1609)
Available compounds – HPS 5.0 (B), DTC-60 (G), Street/Race (R), DTC-30 (W), DTC-70 (U)

Rear – HB766x.624 (D1656)
Available compounds – HPS 5.0 (B), DTC-60 (G), Street/Race (R), DTC-70 (U)

Im leaning towards running the 5.0's on the street and DTC 60's for track days this summer.
Thank you for the info, more options is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
If you have the M Sport Brakes like my car, I'd recommend using any of the three pads:

1. Stock M Sport pads
2. Stock M3/M4 pads
3. Pagid RSL1 or RSL29 pads. One of these is actually available as an BMW OEM pad.

For a beginner to beginner intermediate HPDE student, the stock M3/M4 pads should be sufficient.
When I realized the M3/M4 used the same pad shape, I started reading the M3/M4 forum, and the consensus there seems to be that the stock M3/M4 pads aren't cut out for the track (and I'd assume the M Sport pads are a step down too?). It's nice to know that in a pinch the stock pads should be 'ok', but I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to brakes, so I probably will still get pads and higher temp fluid before the event.

And as I noted above, Pagid recommends not using their pads without slotted/drilled/dimpled rotors, which changes the budget sfor the brake upgrade considerably, so I don't think I'm going to go that route.
Apples to oranges comparison. #1 The M's are braking from a higher speed than you. #2 The non-CCB M's have drilled rotors which is arguably worse than blanks or slotted. #3 They probably have better tires (I.e. Track tires) and these tire are a significant contributior to braking ability. Better tires makes stock brakes the weaker link.

Any F3x cars with the 4-piston caliper up front can handle a 1x/yr HPDE event. It's not like you're going full out, non-stop for hours on end.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0