04-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #12
DorianGray_
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianGray_ View Post
So I had this issue on my X7, and my husband had it on his X5 (both are iDrive 7.0). He used Apple CarPlay, and I use the BMW system (because I hate carplay but I digress). We both had intermittent phone calls, music would stop, and in one case, my iDrive screen went black while driving and talking on the phone via Bluetooth, and appeared to reboot. Soooo after freaking out a little, we started over. We removed our phones from both car's bluetooth systems, set the iPhones (iPhone 10S's in our case) to forget the cars, rebooted the phones, and re-paired with the car again. Since our phones were the first to pair with the cars, my hope is that there is a "first-phone-to-connect" bug in there somewhere because ever since, we haven't had any issues.
Update: phone connectivity continued to work, but audio cut out in the X7 again. Switched phone to Car Play via iDrive, and authorized it via iPhone. Music doesn't skip now. Will see if it sticks. God I hate Car Play, but at least hitting "Home" key takes me to BMW home screen and hitting the Nav key takes me to BMW nav.
Appreciate 0