View Single Post
      04-19-2020, 08:06 PM   #165
aptekcom
Private
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
The amount of discount you can get will greatly vary depending on your location. Some folks on the forums are saying 12% 15% are easy. In my personal experience, those types of discount may be possible from a large high volume dealer. Smaller dealers are likely not going to be able to come anywhere near that.

I was able to negotiate 15% off a car sitting on the lot of a large dealer without any effort, But they aren't willing to discount that much on an ordered car.
I ended up ordering from my local small town dealer for 9.5% off including all incentives (loyalty, apr etc). My wife wanted to keep the business local to support the local dealer. (We'd rather the local dealer stay in business so we can get our car serviced, then have to drive 1.5 hours out of town to a large dealer for service or purchases etc).

So depending on if that loaner is at a small town dealer or a large volume dealer, what discount you get can vary greatly.

Many folks are saying new/used car prices will go down in the near future. That is certainly a possibility, but if the factory closures are extended, pricing could go up or stay the same due to lack of inventory.
i was just goofing around the other day and came across this. I was surprised it was priced so low...I custom ordered a '20, but if this was around in December, I may have gone with this.

https://www.sewell.com/VehicleDetail...-TX/3589386333
Appreciate 0