Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
yeah used car prices are falling hard. New prices are down slightly but not much.
Used cars, especially luxury over 100k, except for Porshe 911, are falling like a Tom Pretty songs.

I suspect used car prices will be around 50% MSRPs by Christmas for any prior 2019 vehicle, given that 2020 and 2021 will be out by then. And with the virus shutdown, you can probably find a 2019 with LOW miles for cheap.
I have no expertise or knowledge of the US market (so dont shoot me down )

I'm not sure that prices for all vehicles will drop that much unless its a brand/model that has 1000's stockpiled before any shutdowns.

Dealers maybe a little desperate right now in some US states but with a lengthy factory shutdown certain BMW models will be scarce for many months, so any dealers who are open for business with new or nearly new stock could keep their prices at a sensible level simply because of supply and demand.

The discount levels that most people refer to are pretty much pre-covid.

Time will tell I guess
Totally agree
And no matter how low the demand gets, the supply at that point of time will be much lower due to long close down periods and the backlog of orders and custom builds.